Monday 23 January 2012

...but love wont kill germs...

...but Milton will.

Here is a treasure that I found amonst my dear departed aunts possessions. It is from 1947 and just goes to show that the advertising world has not changed one jot when it comes to pulling on the heart strings.



I must say though, that the mother is looking spiffingly dashing as woman always seemed to then, but then again, who needs photoshop when you have pen and ink?

I think this may have belonged to my nan, as the real treasure for her was on the knitting pattern on other side of the page.

Here are some more wonderful things....again from the 1940s..




Aren't they just the sweetest?...and it looks like Stanley was around well before Cath Kitson!

The are loads more goodies to blog about, but time is running short..so that is for another day......


















No comments:

Post a Comment