Friday 30 December 2011

Crimblymas....

Here are a few of the bits I made as presents for my nearest and dearest.......

First up is the crochet lapgan that I made for mum...it should have looked like this....


but I just couldn't get the hang of the zig zag thing in time; and so, it looked like this.....






Then there were upcycled cashmere mittens for my Sister in law....


These are super peasy to make..
....just draw round your hand with your thumb stuck out..cut out 4 identical pieces from a mistakenly felted cashmere jumper.( if you line up the pieces at the bottom of the jumper, you get a nice ribbed cuff)

......add an inch all round for seam allowance and with right sides together, stitch around with thick thread.....
......trim back the seams to 1/8 inch and turn right side out..and bobs your uncle!

A felty monster pirate for little J



Aga covers for Mother in Law



A pencil roll for my step nephew

A wine bottle cover for Father in Law



An infinity scarf for sister in law...
I have decided this year that ALL my gifting will be handmade. I am fed up with getting people things that they do not need.... and instead, want to give them something that is as one of a kind and original as they are!

Happy New Year everyone and here's to a creatively crafty new year!


No comments:

Post a Comment