Thursday 13 September 2012

And so normality resumes......

Blimey, It's been a long while. The craziness of the "Big Holidays" has culminated in my baby becoming a year one and no longer needing me ..boo hoo hoo!

So, as I obviously have nothing else to do - I have become volunteer extraordinaire!

Crafty Club for year Ones at the school resumes next week and it is so lovely to pass on the ability to use a needle and thread. It is no longer taught on the curriculum at Little J's school - so I feel that it falls to us Mums to pass on a very useful skill.  Surprisingly, it seems to be the boys who enjoy it most.

I'm also going in for 2 stints at hearing the kiddywinks read - amazingly the teachers only get 30 mins to hear children read a week; a  fact that astounded me - so if you ever think of volunteering - your school needs you; even if only for half an hour!

My final voluntary giving is at the local charity shop. Not only do I get to be nosey into other peoples lives, I get to help a very good cause as well. The only downfall is that I must be very restrained on the purse strings. I am a hoarder by nature and all those goodies just waiting to be bought may just prove to be too much of a temptation.



Over the summer, I have been working on the marketing side of my "business".  Hubby and I , with the assistance of Littlemisscrossstitch and her tall and very lovely daughter, got together over the summer and put together a photo shoot for Knitty Knots. I shall slip a few pictures in this post, so you can see them. My plan is to frame up a couple and pop them by my stock in the shops that I sell at, just to make them stand out from all the other lovely makes by all the talent here in Norwich.






1 comment: