Wednesday 24 August 2011

Refashion with a passion

I think that part of the ethos behind Self Stitched September for me, is to use the materials that I have around me and to try not to throw things away that can be used. I have a fair few clothes that I don't wear as they are "not quite right". I am going to used SSS to make them right.

Item One: A linen maternity dress. I like the style but obviously it is WAY to big. I'm not sure what I am going to do with it as yet, except make it more fitted, I may cut out the elasticised piece and add and empire line and make the skirt more fitted.

Item Two: A Linen Jacket. It is cropped, has three quarter sleeves and BIG buttons. Again it is too big and needs streamlining. I think I am going to have to do some net research for inspiration on this one.

Item Three: Floral, empire line strapless dress. I really like the fabric, but the gathered skirt does my ample bottom no favours whatsoever. I may just cut the dress up entirely and rework it into something else.




Item Four: White linen shirt. Bought Pre weightloss and again is now too big...waiting for inspiration to strike on that one!

I am sure there will be more to follow ( and pictures too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment